Omineca Fabricating operates a full-service fabrication shop in British Columbia, Canada and employs travelling field crews who provide experienced industrial field maintenance and installations in sawmills around Western Canada and United States. Our success is based on our ability to maintain the highest caliber of safety, quality and efficiency in our operations. We staff a team professionals who are committed to excellence and customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking experienced Industrial Mechanics (Journey Millwrights) to join our US Field team, Omineca Fabricating USA Ltd.! We are presently working in the state of Oregon, but the successful candidates will ultimately dispatch to multiple customer worksites across the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please note that Omineca Fabricating USA Ltd. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
Four 10 hour shifts per week. Weekdays. Dayshift. Overtime.
- We are hiring Industrial Mechanics for multiple shifts serving industrial worksites in Oregon.
- Opportunity to travel to other states as project needs require.
- Install and maintain new and repaired sawmill equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision tools.
- Provide routine and regular preventative maintenance on industrial equipment, chains, belt conveyors, gear boxes/drive chains, bearings, pumps, etc.
- Install, dismantle, repair, reassemble, and/or move industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Adjust, align, and level machinery as well as repair or replace defective parts.
- Follow all safe work practices and safe job procedures such as Lock Out and PPE Policies.
- Practice safe rigging, slinging, and hoisting activities.
- Read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
- Layout, weld, and fabricate parts and components for industrial machinery and equipment as needed.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers.
- Work independently or with minimal supervision in challenging conditions.
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Practice regular housekeeping and area clean up to reduce hazards in the workplace.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Red Seal Industrial Mechanic certification (Canada) or Industrial Journey Millwright Certification (USA) preferred.
- Preference for a minimum 3-5 years experience working in sawmills as a Journey Millwright.
- Must be willing to travel to work out-of-state.
- Experienced in the safe operation of overhead crane, forklift, tele handler, and other heavy equipment.
- Welding proficiency in arc, wire, and cutting techniques.
- Fabrication/fitting experience is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication, and electricity.
- Supervisor or Foreman experience is considered an asset.
- Occupational First Aid Card is considered and asset.
- Superior problem solving ability.
- Valid/ unrestricted driver’s license.
- Must be able to work in physically demanding conditions which may require moderately heavy listing (up to 50 lbs), working at heights, and working in confined spaced.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in high hazard environments.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and dependability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to pass workplace drug testing.
- Hourly wage premium in lieu of benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Overtime pay
- PPE Allowance
- Per Diems when working away from primary residence overnight
- Training and Career Development opportunities
- A Culture of Safety
- Supportive team environment
- Opportunity to travel
About The Company
Omineca Industrial287 Ongman Road
Prince George British Columbia V2K 4K9 CA
Omineca Industrial provides quality maintenance, fabrication, welding, machining, and construction expertise to help you reach all your project goals. We are experienced in repairs, upgrades, new builds, and custom fabrication of material handling and processing equipment for natural resource industries across North America.
We are committed to serving our partners to the best of our abilities. Often this means operating within tight timelines and even tighter budgets. Our commitment to excellence drives us to continue to add to the roster of services we are able to offer our clients. By moving skills in-house, and investing in our employees and our business, we can ensure our operations are flexible and adaptable to your unique project needs.
We are driven by our passion for excellence. This same drive and energy is reflected at every level of our operations from the office to the shop floor to your project worksite.
Location287 Ongman Road Prince George British Columbia
Wage$34.00 - $37.00 Hourly
Hours40 Hours Per Week
Start DateAugust 31, 2023
Closing DateDecember 31, 2023
Posted3 months ago