Omineca Fabricating operates a full-service structural steel & aluminum fabrication shop. Our field division provides equipment maintenance & installations in sawmills around Western Canada and the Southern United States. Our success is based on the highest caliber of safety, quality & efficiency. We staff a team professionals who are committed to excellence and customer satisfaction.
Omineca Fabricating is currently seeking a fulltime Machinist to join our shop team.
- Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of machine shop equipment including manual lathes, milling machines, radial arm drills, grinders, and other equipment to create precision parts for a wide variety of applications using machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, drilling, precisions, and grinding.
- Manufacture new hydraulic cylinder components, barrels, rods, heads and pistons, as well as rebuild worn cylinder components.
- Machine precision parts to within tolerances of .001”/.01mm
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the concepts of metrology.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Perform regular tool and equipment inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Inspect and verify dimensions of machined parts and tooling using micrometers, Vernier calipers, height gauges, and other specialized measuring instruments in order to maintain quality control standards.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances, and measure and lay out work pieces.
- Fit and assemble machined components using hand and power tools.
- Duties require standing for long periods of time and lifting moderately heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Certified Journeyperson Machinist (4th year apprentices may be considered and are invited to apply).
- Minimum 4 years experience working as a manual machinist.
- CNC Knowledge considered an asset.
- Class 5 drivers license.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safe environment.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be able to communicate complicated technical ideas with precision and clarity.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
- A positive attitude, team player looking for a long-term position.
- Ability to meet production deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Competitive wages
- Benefit packages
- A safe work environment
- A positive and supportive employment relationship
About The Company
Omineca Industrial287 Ongman Road
Prince George British Columbia V2K 4K9 CA
Omineca Industrial provides quality maintenance, fabrication, welding, machining, and construction expertise to help you reach all your project goals. We are experienced in repairs, upgrades, new builds, and custom fabrication of material handling and processing equipment for natural resource industries across North America.
We are committed to serving our partners to the best of our abilities. Often this means operating within tight timelines and even tighter budgets. Our commitment to excellence drives us to continue to add to the roster of services we are able to offer our clients. By moving skills in-house, and investing in our employees and our business, we can ensure our operations are flexible and adaptable to your unique project needs.
We are driven by our passion for excellence. This same drive and energy is reflected at every level of our operations from the office to the shop floor to your project worksite.
Location287 Ongman Road Prince George British Columbia
Wage$44.00 - $46.50 Hourly
Hours40 Hours Per Week
Start DateAugust 31, 2023
Closing DateDecember 31, 2023
Posted3 months ago