Omineca Fabricating operates a full-service structural steel and aluminum fabrication shop in Prince George, BC. Our field division provides equipment maintenance and installations supporting primary resources industries around Western Canada and the United States. Our success is based on the highest caliber of safety, quality and efficiency. We staff a team professionals who are committed to excellence and customer satisfaction.
Omineca Fabricating is currently seeking a fulltime Metal Fabricator / Fitter to join our shop team.
Schedule: Four 10 hour shifts per week. Weekdays. Dayshift. Overtime.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to fabricate metal structures and steel components most efficiently
- Construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts
- Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to component specifications
- Rig, hoist and safely move large and complex loads
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, riveting or other methods
- Set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines such as brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders and drills to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy-metal components
- Install heavy fabricated components in a final product.
- Certified Red Seal Fabricator (3rd year apprentices may be considered and are invited to apply).
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in heavy machinery manufacturing and/or structural steel fabrication.
- Proven ability to produce high quality welds utilizing a variety of processes.
- CWB certification considered an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a high hazard environment.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be able to communicate complicated technical ideas with precision and clarity.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
- A positive attitude, team player looking for a long-term position.
- Ability to meet production deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to perform considerable bending, lifting, standing, climbing and squatting in challenging environments.
- First Aid certification considered an asset.
- Competitive wages
- Paid Time Off
- Benefit packages
- PPE Allowance
- Employer sponsored events
- A positive and supportive employment relationship
About The Company
Omineca Industrial287 Ongman Road
Prince George British Columbia V2K 4K9 CA
Omineca Industrial provides quality maintenance, fabrication, welding, machining, and construction expertise to help you reach all your project goals. We are experienced in repairs, upgrades, new builds, and custom fabrication of material handling and processing equipment for natural resource industries across North America.
We are committed to serving our partners to the best of our abilities. Often this means operating within tight timelines and even tighter budgets. Our commitment to excellence drives us to continue to add to the roster of services we are able to offer our clients. By moving skills in-house, and investing in our employees and our business, we can ensure our operations are flexible and adaptable to your unique project needs.
We are driven by our passion for excellence. This same drive and energy is reflected at every level of our operations from the office to the shop floor to your project worksite.
Location287 Ongman Road Prince George British Columbia
Wage$42.00 - $45.50 Hourly
Hours40 Hours Per Week
Start DateAugust 31, 2023
Closing DateDecember 31, 2023
Posted3 months ago