Omineca Fabricating operates a full-service structural steel and aluminum fabrication shop in Prince George, BC. Our field division provides equipment maintenance and installations in sawmills around Western Canada and the United States. Our success is based on the highest caliber of safety, quality and efficiency. We staff a team professionals who are committed to excellence and delivering customer satisfaction.
Omineca Fabricating is currently seeking a highly motivated Scheduler / Crew Dispatcher to join our office team to ensure the effective scheduling and timely dispatching of crews and equipment to multiple jobsites and projects in both Canada and the United States.
The Scheduler will provide support to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for over-seeing day to day scheduling for field crew and mobile equipment deployment.
- Receive requests for manning from the Operations Team.
- Review requests against personnel availability and other pertinent information to establish schedule frameworks.
- Understand scope of work and skills needed on each job.
- Contact full-time employees, part-time employees, and sub-contractors to build crews based on scope of work, trade expertise, and availability.
- Process and transmit information and instructions to co-ordinate the activities of field crews and equipment.
- Dispatch personnel according to written schedules and work orders, or as required by emergency call-outs.
- Make travel arrangements and manage other logistical constraints for field crews including:
- travel bookings (flights, vehicle rentals, buses, and trains as needed)
- accommodations (Airbnb's, hotels, and camps as needed)
- coordinate carpooling and transportation of tools and equipment
- Consider such factors such as peak travel periods, holidays, special events, construction, and extreme climatic conditions (e.g. wildfires) with emphasis on time and cost efficiency.
- Advise field crews of route and traffic problems such as construction, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, weight and size restrictions and other relevant information.
- Monitor personnel workloads and locations to control overtime.
- Maintain fleet records using computerized and manual methods.
- Maintain computer and manual records of mileage, fuel use, repairs and other expenses, and generate reports.
- Ensure time sheets and payroll summaries are completed accurately and approved daily.
- Design new or change existing schedules to support operational requirements.
- Motivate employees through positive interactions and reinforcement of Omineca's corporate culture.
- Review employee certifications to ensure all crews have the necessary training and competencies to complete the work safely.
- Where employees require re-certification before dispatch, work with Managers, HR, and HSE to coordinate training.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time when faced with multiple competing priorities and projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to hit deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing conditions and customer requirements.
- Good computer skills and software experience (Excel, Word, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Maestro ERP, Workforce).
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits
- Life Insurance
- Vacation pay
- RRSP matching
- Friendly and flexible work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Employer-sponsored work events
About The Company
Omineca Industrial287 Ongman Road
Prince George British Columbia V2K 4K9 CA
Omineca Industrial provides quality maintenance, fabrication, welding, machining, and construction expertise to help you reach all your project goals. We are experienced in repairs, upgrades, new builds, and custom fabrication of material handling and processing equipment for natural resource industries across North America.
We are committed to serving our partners to the best of our abilities. Often this means operating within tight timelines and even tighter budgets. Our commitment to excellence drives us to continue to add to the roster of services we are able to offer our clients. By moving skills in-house, and investing in our employees and our business, we can ensure our operations are flexible and adaptable to your unique project needs.
We are driven by our passion for excellence. This same drive and energy is reflected at every level of our operations from the office to the shop floor to your project worksite.
Location287 Ongman Road Prince George British Columbia
Wage$22.00 - $30.00 Hourly
Hours40 Hours Per Week
Start DateAugust 31, 2023
Closing DateDecember 31, 2023
Posted3 months ago